A Few of our Named Fund Donors:
Fred & Elizabeth Nelson
Duane & Myrna Gald
Gary and Pat Hall
George & Mildred Nettum
(Water & Conservation Scholarship Fund)
You can create a named fund as a memorial to someone special, selecting eligibility criteria that exemplify that person’s goals and values.
A gift can be a lasting tribute in the name of the person or persons you wish to honor, this provides both the donor and the recognized, or bereaved family, the satisfaction of having made a lasting contribution to others. Or, you may use it to express your educational values, or those of your family or business.
The fund you establish will support an area of need within the greater Viroqua area.
You determine where the investment will go to within the fund.
- Minimum of $10,000
- Within the parameters of a 501 (c) (3)
The Giving Process
We assist you in setting up your named fund by discussing if your fund will be an Unrestricted Fund: these are funds which have no restrictions as to how the gift is used; or a Restricted Fund: these are funds which are established to benefit specific charitable organizations which are named by the donor.
Charitable interests can be created within the VAF to benefit community projects, the arts, schools, students, parks, scholarships, families and service projects.
We can set up a fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of a person or organization you choose. Endowment Pass Through accounts may be established.
How it works:
- You make a gift to the Viroqua Area Foundation-you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate or other assets.
- We set up a fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- We assist you in setting up your named fund by discussing if your fund will be an Unrestricted Fund; these are funds that have no restrictions as to how the gift is used or a Restricted Fund; these are funds that are established to benefit specific charitable organizations that are named by the donor.
- Grants are awarded in the name of the fund you establish.
- Your gift will be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. By creating an endowment fund, money is earmarked for a specific purpose and set aside, where it cannot be touched. The earnings are what are used to support projects in our area. As the endowment principal grows, so do the earnings, providing a perpetual source of funding that ensures the financial stability of the designated project. Your gift, and all future earnings from your gift, will assist in doing good work in your community forever.