Through the application review and grant distribution process, the Viroqua Area Foundation will donate resources to nonprofit organizations that meet a community need. The Foundation looks for projects that propose practical solutions to current community needs, promotes cooperation and collaboration in addressing positive change, promotes volunteer involvement, strengthens an organization’s effectiveness and stability and addresses prevention as well as intervention.
Who May Apply:
The Foundation welcomes grant requests from organized groups within the greater Viroqua area.
Examples of such groups include:
- Independent nonprofit organizations
- Charitable organizations classified as 501(c)(3) under the Internal Revenue code
- Local units of state or national organizations
- Groups or clubs organized to sponsor a charitable project
What We Look For:
In awarding grants from the Foundation, we favor innovative proposals that:
- Positively impact the quality of life in Viroqua and the surrounding areas.
- Promote collaboration and reduce service duplication.
- Originate in the private sector and demonstrate strong volunteer involvement.
- Strengthen the ability of our communities to respond more effectively to needs.
- Build upon the strengths of our communities.
- Apply the Foundation’s resources where they will make a tangible difference in meeting important community needs.
We attempt to understand both the specific objectives of a request and the long-term benefits that will be derived by the community if the project is funded.
We Generally Do Not Fund:
- Annual campaigns
- Debt retirement
- Direct support of individuals
- Operating expenses or losses
- Sectarian causes
The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin; we expect grant applicants to hold similar standards.
The Foundation Board of Directors will be available to answer questions from grant seekers as proposals are being developed. Such consultation will be informal and carry no assurances of suitability for funding.
If you are seeking a grant from The Viroqua Area Foundation, please email, call or mail your grant proposal here:
Viroqua Area Foundation
P.O. Box 262
Viroqua, WI 54665
Grants are reviewed by the board on a quarterly basis. Grants must be received or postmarked by January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, or October 1st to qualify for review in the respective review cycle.