This reference below includes:
- Temporarily Restricted/Designated by Donor Funds
- Unrestricted/Undesignated by Donor Funds
- Donor Advised Fund
(1) COMMUNITY FUNDS INFORMATION:
Our community and area are about building relationships and services so that people want to live, work and move to the Viroqua Area. Community is about recreation, education and working in a place that you respect and feel fulfillment. We give back so that our community thrives and our area flourishes.
(2) SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS INFORMATION:
(A) Creating A New Scholarship
(Restricted/Designated Fund by You):
In creating a scholarship, you invest in your community’s future and show students that you care.
The Viroqua Area Foundation provides the expertise to help you meet your personal goals and award scholarships to deserving students. Your gift will assist students achieve their lifetime dreams.
- Minimum of $10,000
- Within the parameters of a 501(c)(3)
How It Works:
- You make a gift to the Viroqua Area Foundation-you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate or other assets.
- We set up a scholarship in your name, in the name of your family, organization or business. The scholarship can also be named in honor of or in memory of a person of your choice.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- We assist you in setting up your scholarship fund by discussing eligibility requirements for the scholarship that you establish-whether they are based on a student’s field of study, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, financial need or background.
- Scholarships are awarded to deserving students in the name of the fund you establish.
- Your gift will be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to award scholarships each year. Your gift (remove -) and all future gifts and earnings (remove from your gift-) will assist in providing educational opportunities (remove work in your community) forever.
You can create a scholarship as a memorial to someone special, selecting eligibility criteria that exemplify that person’s goals and values, or you may use it to express your educational values-or those of your family or business. Depending on your preferences, the scholarship you establish can support any area of academic need, including tuition, room and board, technology and books.
(B) Giving To an Existing Scholarship Fund (Restricted/Designated by Donor):
How to give and how to apply for the scholarships listed below:
We are happy to answer any questions and make this an easy process in supporting your charitable giving or applying for an existing scholarship.
Contact us here:
Tel: (608) 778-7199