Our community and area are about building relationships and services so that people want to live, work and move to the Viroqua Area. Community is about recreation, education and working in a place that you respect and feel fulfillment. We give back so that our community thrives and our area flourishes.
Following is a list of established Community Funds you can contribute to:
(A) Restricted/Designated by Donor Funds
7th & 8th Grade Viroqua Football Fund
- The Park and Recreation Department started this Fund to promote the recreational 7th and 8th Grade Viroqua Football Program.
Maylon O. Christianson Charitable Fund (Viroqua and Westby)
- Established an account with the Foundation to provide a gift to five families in the Viroqua and five families in the Westby School Districts one week prior to Thanksgiving each year. The families receiving these funds are selected by personnel from each school district.
Royce J. Jones Memorial Fund
- Purchase flower baskets for Main Street beautification.
Vernon County Agriculture Society Fund
- Pass-through fund to pass dollars collected for the VMH Fairgrounds Building through the VAF to the Vernon County Agriculture Society for construction of the building.
Vernon Memorial Healthcare Hospice Endowment Fund
- To establish an Endowment Fund for the Bland Bekkedal Center for Hospice Care located in Viroqua.
Viroqua McIntosh Memorial Library Fund
- Pass-through fund to pass dollars collected for the new McIntosh Memorial Library through the VAF to the McIntosh Memorial Library for construction of the new library.
Viroqua School & Community Sports Facility Fund
- Pass-through fund to pass dollars collected for the Viroqua School District Sports Facility to the Viroqua School District for construction of the sports complex.
(B) Unrestricted/Undesignated by Donor Funds
Duane & Myrna Gald Fund
- To continue financial support for local projects and to continue to improve the quality of life for area residents and future Viroqua alumni.
Gary and Pat Hall Fund
- Gary chose to establish the Gary and Patrician Hall Unrestricted Fund with the Viroqua Area Foundation as a way to give back to the community in which they both loved to be used for community improvement projects.
Howard B. and Lorene O. Johnson Fund (Scholarship & Community Fund)
- Howard Johnson chose to establish the Howard B. and Lorene O. Johnson Fund as a way to give back to the community in which he owned a thriving business in order to thank the community and his employees for their dedication to his business.
Laurel A. Skrede Memorial Fund
- Laurel A. Skrede chose to establish this Fund to give back to the community that she loves.
Ole & Judy Gulbrandsen Fund
- Ole & Judy Gulbrandsen established this Fund to give back to the Viroqua Area. Ole and Judy are a driving force for positive change that makes our community stronger and more desirable. They are committed to making opportunities available for all of our citizens so that Viroqua can continue to thrive. Their love of Viroqua is shown with their constant commitment to provide financial support for community improvement projects.
Thor J. Thorson Family Fund
- Thor J. Thorson established this Fund to promote the positive outcomes that the Viroqua Area Foundation has had on our community. Thor has been a leader of the Viroqua Area Foundation and instrumental in the growth of the Foundation in order to better serve the greater Viroqua Area.
Trygve A. Ostrem Fund
- Trygve A. Ostrem established this Fund to give back to the community in which he has enjoyed throughout his life. He has been a leader in the community and wants to see positive growth for this generation and future generations.
Viroqua Area Foundation Board Member Fund
- The Viroqua Area Foundation (VAF) Board Member Fund established by the VAF Board of Trustees past and present was created to better serve the greater Viroqua Area.
Viroqua Area Foundation Community Projects Fund
- This fund was established by the VAF Board of Directors to transfer portfolio earnings that will be gifted for one calendar year for community projects.
Viroqua Area Foundation Endowment Fund
- This endowment fund was created by the VAF Board of Directors to place all memorial and in honor of contributions made by community members that do not have a designated/restricted or undesignated/unrestricted fund established.
Viroqua Area Foundation General Fund
- The Administrative Expenses are charged through the General Fund and the Administrative Fees are transferred into the General Fund. A portion of the Administrative Fees are transferred to the VAF Community Projects Fund each year.